JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for all Positions:
- Develop a warm and nurturing relationship with all children and parents
- Maintenance of learning centers, including organizing and cleaning
- Participate in staff development, staff meetings, professional activities and special events
- Promote proper hygiene through appropriate hand washing, sanitation, and diapering techniques according to the policy manual, while keeping the classroom clean and sanitary
- Always follow policies and procedures in place including sight and sound supervision at all times, full understanding of Kids Choice discipline policy, assure that all activities are in compliance with the center’s policies.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect (from within or outside the center) to the lead teacher, who will report to the director.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all policies set forth in the Parent Handbook, Employee Handbook, and Policies and Procedures handbook.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the center at all times
- Treat all children with dignity and respect
Requirements to work in child care:
- All child care workers must have a current Pediatric CPR and First Aid card, renewed annually
- All child care workers in Boise must apply for and annually renew a Boise City Childcare License
- All child care workers not in Boise must complete a background check set up by Kids Choice
*The costs of the CPR/First Aid course and the Boise City Childcare License or background check can be fronted by Kids Choice and paid back over the course of 6 paychecks. After 1 year of employment Kids Choice will pay to renew both requirements.
*With Kids Choice’s guidance, you will become a member of IdahoSTARS to complete a series of training requirements within your first 90 days of employment, then continue developmental trainings from then on. These trainings are designed to provide you with information on child development, behaviors, health and safety, and more. Kids Choice will provide the resources necessary to complete each training.
This is a full time position
- Weekly preparation and implementation of daily activities while guiding children through daily routine
- Create and frequently alter learning centers to keep them attractive and interesting
- Promotion of parent involvement including center newsletter, conferences and parent meetings
- Communicate regularly with parents in both written and oral form
- Create a calm, pleasant, interactive experience for the children during meals and snacks
- Maintain accurate, detailed and neat records of accidents, incidents, behaviors, medication, illness, attendance, observations, assessments, conferences, or any additional records requested by the center
- Understand and use positive behavior techniques that help each child to develop the ability to be self-disciplined
- Assist in training assistants, floaters, substitutes and volunteers
- Delegate assignments
This is a full time or part time position
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the lead teacher
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing supplies
- Help with maintaining cleanliness of the center throughout the day and at the end of the day
- Help to maintain a neat and organized classroom
- Help the children establish good habits of personal hygiene; change diapers and assist with toilet training
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times
- Report to Lead Teacher any problem occurring with a child
- Observe, record and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned
- Communicate positively and effectively with parents during drop off and pickup
This is a part time shift, typically in the afternoon, and sometimes in the morning. Kids Choice can usually work around college schedules
- Supervise the children in your care
- Implement the curriculum and follow schedules set by the Lead Teacher
- Communicate positively and effectively with parents during drop off/pickup
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect the classroom(s) at the end of each day
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect the center at the end of each day following cleaning checklist thoroughly
A substitute is often scheduled with advance notice but may also be called the same morning help is necessary. Substitutes are not guaranteed any number of hours per week
- Supervise the children in your care
- Implement the curriculum and follow schedules set by the teacher
- Assist the teacher(s) with implementing the daily program and routine
- Maintain cleanliness of the center throughout the day and at the end of the day
Kids Choice Child Care Center and Preschool is continually committed to striving for and maintaining outstanding exemplary preschool program standards. Kids Choice is hiring teachers and caregivers who are passionate about helping children and making a difference in their lives. If you are looking for a long-term position in a professional setting and are interested in furthering your education and career, then Kids Choice is a place to consider.
Being a successful preschool teacher requires extraordinary levels of patience, enthusiasm, creativity, and above all, a love of early childhood education. A teacher must understand the needs of both the children and the child’s parents. As the link between home and school, communicating effectively with parents is crucial to developing a good relationship with the children and helping them grow.
Kids Choice offers PTO, paid holidays after one year, free or discounted childcare, training opportunities, and annual incentives. We have the resources available to assist with obtaining a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, along with CDA scholarship opportunities and additional support.
CURRENTLY HIRING AT BOTH LOCATIONS
Lead Teachers | Assistant Teachers | Floating Staff | Substitute | Childcare Provider | Preschool Teacher,| Infant Caregiver | Childcare Job Positions | Preschool Job Positions