Kids Choice Child Care Center and Preschool is continually committed to striving for and maintaining outstanding exemplary preschool program standards. Kids Choice is hiring teachers and caregivers who are passionate about helping children and making a difference in their lives. If you are looking for a long-term position in a professional setting and are interested in furthering your education and career, then Kids Choice is a place to consider.
Being a successful preschool teacher requires extraordinary levels of patience, enthusiasm, creativity, and above all, a love of early childhood education. A teacher must understand the needs of both the children and the child’s parents. As the link between home and school, communicating effectively with parents is crucial to developing a good relationship with the children and helping them grow.
Kids Choice offers PTO, paid holidays after one year, free or discounted childcare, training opportunities, and annual incentives. We have the resources available to assist with obtaining a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, along with CDA scholarship opportunities and additional support.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for all Positions:
- Develop a warm and nurturing relationship with all children and parents
Maintenance of learning centers, including organizing and cleaning
Participate in staff development, staff meetings, professional activities and special events
- Promote proper hygiene through appropriate hand washing, sanitation, and diapering techniques according to the policy manual, while keeping the classroom clean and sanitary
- Always follow policies and procedures in place including sight and sound supervision at all times, full understanding of Kids Choice discipline policy, assure that all activities are in compliance with the center’s policies.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect (from within or outside the center) to the lead teacher, who will report to the director.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all policies set forth in the Parent Handbook, Employee Handbook, and Policies and Procedures handbook.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the center at all times
Treat all children with dignity and respect
Requirements to work in child care:
- All child care workers must have a current Pediatric CPR and First Aid card, renewed annually
- All child care workers in Boise must apply for and annually renew a Boise City Child Care License
- All child care workers not in Boise must complete a background check set up by Kids Choice
*The costs of the CPR/First Aid course and the Boise City Child Care License or background check can be fronted by Kids Choice and paid back over the course of 6 paychecks. After 1 year of employment Kids Choice will pay to renew both requirements.
*With Kids Choice’s guidance, you will become a member of IdahoSTARS to complete a series of training requirements within your first 90 days of employment, then continue developmental trainings from then on. These trainings are designed to provide you with information on child development, behaviors, health and safety, and more. Kids Choice will provide the resources necessary to complete each training.